The ACT Arts Centre
Sep. 23, 2019 (9:00 a.m.)
The ACT Arts Centre (The ACT), centered in the heart of the scenic, growing community of Maple Ridge, is the leading provider of engaging, vibrant and excellent Arts Learning Programs, Gallery Exhibitions and Performing Arts Presentations for the growing communities of the region. Opened in 2003, the 486-seat theatre, studios, classrooms and Art Gallery are home to many cultural and community events, delivering an impressive array of diverse arts and cultural programming and activities to over 80,000 patrons annually.
The Arts Learning Programs include instruction and learning activities in the visual arts - painting, drawing, textile and fiber arts, ceramics and digital media, among others - and in the performing arts of theatre, dance and music. Learning programs are offered for a wide range of ages, from infants to seniors.
The ACT Arts Centre is currently seeking an enthusiastic contract instructor, passionate about dance and teaching, to design and deliver dance programming for school aged children onsite at The ACT.
We are particularly looking for someone available to work on Sundays during January – March 2020. Days may change after that point. Dance classes may include classes for 2-18 years old in styles such as Ballet and Hip Hop.
• Develop and deliver dance classes for multiple age groups, 2+ years old
• Monitor progress of students, provide assistance and encouragement to meet students’ needs through clear, positive communication
• Maintain clear communication with internal staff
• Be highly responsible and punctual
• Completion of a post-secondary education in dance and/or equivalent training and experience
• Minimum two years’ experience and proven track record as a dedicated teacher/Instructor
• Experience with classroom management
• Experience at working with students of various ages and abilities, including preschool age children
• Creativity and enthusiasm for the wide range of The ACT Arts Centre’s Learning programs
• Flexibility with a work schedule that includes daytime, evenings and weekends
• Must submit to a criminal background check
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
$30 - $40/hourly
Contact Name: Naomi Evans
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 476-2789