Arts Club Theatre Company
Sep. 30, 2019
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 56th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.
The Arts Club Theatre Company is currently accepting applications for the position of 2nd Electrician for our venues: the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Granville Island Stage and Goldcorp Stage.
The 2nd Electrician will work under the supervision of the venue Technical Director and will be assisting the Head Electricians and Venue Techs. The 2nd Electrician may be asked to step in and lead the crew through the hang, focus, level sessions and show runs as well as acting in the same capacity for the Sound department on smaller shows.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, possess good organizational and time management skills, plus have excellent communication skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations. The ideal candidate will have a calm and flexible outlook and be diplomatic in dealing with crews, cast, stage managers and all other staff.
This is a temporary Part-Time position with an immediate start date and an approximate end date of February 1, 2020. This position falls under the I.A.T.S.E. 118 collective agreement; employment will be as required, depending on the specific demands of respective productions.
• Assist with all aspects of pre-production as it relates to electrics/sound/video
• Assist with build of practical’s and special effects
• Supervise lighting/sound/video installations when required
• Operate lighting and/or sound control (live and pre-recorded)
• Document and track show-related configuration in cooperation with the designers
• Be part of running crew and assist on theatre rentals when required
• Ensure proper use and maintenance of facilities, tools and equipment
• Assist with ongoing maintenance, organization and purchasing of consumables
• Assist with occupational safety and health of workers
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working as an electrician for a professional theatre company
• Experience working in a fly house
• Experience with both conventional and LED fixtures
• F.E. certificate, OFA Level 1 certificate, Pyrotechnic certificate is preferred
• Operation and maintenance of motorized stage equipment control systems is desired
• Experienced in programming and running sound control for both live mix and pre-recorded sound (Q-Lab)
• Proficient in programming and operation of computer lighting boards (ETC ION, Grand MA) and all components of the lighting system
• Ability to read, understand and implement Lighting Designer plots and associated paperwork
• Ability to supervise load in & load out crews
• Ability to work at heights
How to Apply:
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $27.81 per hour
Contact Name: Lacey Schumann
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 687-5315