Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
Sep. 17, 2019
The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra is the largest performing arts organization in Western Canada. Founded in 1919, the VSO performs 150 concerts annually in its home, the Orpheum Theatre, and in numerous venues throughout Metro Vancouver. Music Director Otto Tausk joins assumes the podium this Fall for the VSO’s 100th season. The VSO’s recording of concerti by Barber, Korngold and Walton, with Canadian violinist James Ehnes, captured both Grammy and Juno awards in 2008.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic customer service representative, ideally with knowledge and experience using the Tessitura, Audience View, or Ticketmaster ticketing and database systems. New staff will join and complement our Sales and Customer Service team, providing outstanding information and service, and help maintain and improve the brand and quality name of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra.
Successful applicants will have solid working (Windows) computer skills, a patient and conscientious demeanour, flexibility with scheduling, presentable dress and appearance, full-fluency in written and spoken English, and an excellent ability to interact competently and thoroughly with customers, staff and volunteers, delivering accurate conscientious attention to detail and fulfillment of customer expectations. Scheduling will require employee availability both during weekdays and weekends, including daytime and evening shift work.
Successful applicants must provide availability that includes consideration for weekdays (to 7pm), evening hours on Fridays and Saturdays, and Sunday daytimes.
1) Receiving incoming phone calls, and in-person interaction with Vancouver Symphony customers.
2) Working at the VSO concert box office, including weekday and weekend evenings.
3) Processing of ticket orders, directly with customers and incoming mail materials.
4) Fulfillment of all customer needs, mailing of materials, database records, account and order review.
5) Working the VSO box office facilities, including our daytime box office, and concert night shifts.
6) A flexible work schedule will be expected, including morning, evening, and weekend shifts.
7) Scheduling is necessarily done a full month in advance - this commitment is required.
1) Ticketing & customer service experience is a MUST, including telephone and in-person transactions.
2) Strong working knowledge and facility using Windows operating system.
3) Good Windows & MS Office software skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel.
4) Full fluency in English, spoken and written.
5) Consistent and reliable availability Friday-Monday evenings, and Sundays between 11am-5pm
How to Apply:
Please email a simple resume in PDF or MS Word format to email@example.com
The subject line of your email must read only as “Part-Time Customer Service”.
No applications will be considered with alternate or additional wording in the subject line.
A cover letter is not necessary.
Dates of both year and month are required for all listed work experience, education or training.
Deadline to apply is 5pm Tuesday Sep 17th.
Starting wage: $13.85 per hour, plus vacation pay 4%.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org