By becoming a member of the BC Alliance, as an individual or organization, you join a diverse community that connects across disciplines to build a stronger sector.
What we have in common is a belief and a vision. We imagine a society that places the highest value on arts, culture, and heritage and their contributions to all facets of life. We imagine a society that demonstrates a rich arts and culture infrastructure with broad support, and which nurtures creativity and diversity.
By joining the BC Alliance, we all become advocates for the arts, including community-based, professional, social profit and for-profit sectors. We invite you to become a member of the BC Alliance and join us in realizing the society we imagine.
Three membership categories are available to serve your needs: Individual, Student, and Organizational/Business Membership.
Individual Membership is available to artists and freelancers who wish to access BC Alliance services for their own personal use, or, if you have a sole proprietorship, for your own business or own individual interests.
Student Membership is available only to full-time students with school ID, for access to services for personal use and not for business purposes.
If you wish to access services on behalf of a group or an organization, choose an Organizational/Business Membership.
Your membership supports the work of the BC Alliance and provides the following benefits:
- Access to a group extended health benefits package
- Access to a group insurance program
- Access to subscription-based group human resources services
- Access to a group RRSP program
- Share your news and announcements via the Member News pages
- Free advertising opportunities (banner and sidebar) on the Member News pages
- Discounted rates on BC ArtsPost broadcasts, enabling your press releases to reach our extensive media contact list
- Discounted rates on Alliance boardroom rentals
- Discounted rates on LegalShield, a suite of services including legal advice and basic legal services, including will preparation, contract review, small claims court advice and much more.
- Unlimited free postings on our Classifieds Pages (job, call for artists, volunteer postings, general classifieds)
- Discounts on products and services (ie. office and administrative services, travel and transportation, catering, arts supplies and services, and more) through the Members' Advantage Program
- Member-only access to Grant Connect, an online funding database and research tool (on-site access at the BC Alliance office only)
- Member rates for professional development opportunities, such as workshops, webinars and online tools
- Member discounts for conferences and special events
- Subscription to the Alliance News weekly e-newsletter and special member bulletins
- Free affiliate membership to Canada's Cultural Human Resources Council (CHRC), including access to HR tools and publications for the cultural sector
- Free affiliate membership to the Society to Bridge Arts and Community
- A link in our member directory
- A vote at the BC Alliance for Arts + Culture Annual General Meeting
Accomplishments of the Alliance include
- Created opportunities for cultural sector workers and allies to access health and other group benefits coverage that would otherwise be unattainable;
- Provided access to an RSP savings plan to enable member companies to support the futures of their staff;
- Developed and directed an advocacy campaign that made arts funding a front-and-centre part of local political debates during provincial and municipal elections;
- Production of the annual Arts Summit, where members of our community take part in a "conversation" that helps us all better understand our needs, strengths, and goals;
- Co-production, with the City of Vancouver, of the Mayor's Arts Awards, bringing recognition to both established and emerging artists in all disciplines, as well as honouring the support of volunteers, philanthropists, the business community, and arts board members;
- Distribute the weekly Alliance News newsletter to over 4,500 recipients, providing our community with a wide-ranging communications tool within the sector;
- Implementation of the Members' Advantage Program (MAP). Alliance members are eligible for discounted rates on products and services through a range of participating partners.