RECOGNIZE. MAGNIFY. REPRODUCE. Theatre Replacement builds performances that react to contemporary existence.
When making this work, we recognize the accomplishments and failures of the world around us; use biographical material to magnify these events through extended collaborative processes and training programs; and reproduce the results for local, national and international audiences.
In addition to our many home grown productions like the East Van Panto, Theatre Replacement continues to build and tour work and has been presented at nearly 50 internationally recognized festivals and venues around the world.
To collaborate with artists of diverse histories, backgrounds and disciplines;
To attract diverse audiences and challenge their relationship to performance;
To participate in a global network of artists, creators, presenters and producers;
To assist others in developing new works through mentorship and educational programming;
To evaluate and reflect on our work on an ongoing basis.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
Theatre Replacement is looking for invested community members interested in joining the company as board members.
- Know and support the organization’s beliefs, vision, mission, target and goal statements.
- Learn and know the responsibilities and functions of the board and its committees.
- Represent the Membership at the Board Meetings and in the community;
- Be an active member: Attend 75% of Board meetings, as well as attend at least one live Theatre Replacement performance and one studio workshop showing, or SHOPTALK per season, support and be informed about Theatre Replacement’s mission, services, policies and programs;
- Keep current with issues: review agenda and supporting materials prior to Board and Committee meetings;
- Serve on committees, attending meetings as needed;
- Make a personal financial contribution to the organization of significant personal meaning as well as participate in fund raising activities;
- Suggest new Board Members who can make a significant contributions to the work of the Board and Theatre Replacement;
- Assist the Board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing Theatre Replacement’s annual financial statements, AGM planning, mission, by-laws, mandate, strategic plan, policies and other Board matters.
- Participate in approving the annual budget, audit, annual financial report, and periodic financial statements. Enjoy being part of the team!
The primary qualification is an interest in supporting the performing arts. Professional qualifications include experience in matters pertaining to law, public relations, accounting, social media, event production and the ongoing operations of societies.
How to Apply:
If interested, contact email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you.