Indian Summer Festival
Apr. 23, 2018
Indian Summer Festival is a contemporary multi-arts festival that takes place over ten days every July in Vancouver, Canada. Named as #1 of the five best Canadian festivals “worth planning your summer travels around” by Westjet Magazine, the festival presents a combination of free and ticketed events, including music, ideas (writers & thinkers), visual art and public engagement (free performances/public art projects). From novelists to Grammy Award-winning musicians, international visionaries to oral storytellers, Indian Summer Festival has presented emerging artists as well as Nobel, Booker, Grammy and Oscar prize nominees on its stages.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
Indian Summer Festival is looking for enthusiastic person starting out their career in theatre, events, or exhibition. The ideal candidate has a great enthusiasm for the arts, and curiosity about what it is to be a modern person in a global culture. In this role, you will gain an engage with a number of different presentation styles, and work hands- on to contribute to events execution.
Pre- Production period:
• Assist with preparation and organization events:
• Contributing to production meetings and event planning
• Hands on work: decor preparations, site viewings
• Materials sourcing for events
• Assist with execution of events
• Load in, Load out of event venues
• Assist with stage management of events
• Assist with projection technology for events
• Working with house staff and artists at venues
• Working with ISF volunteers
Post Production Period:
• Assist with returns and storage of properties
• Assist with volunteer appreciation event
• Assist with sponsorship- thank you activities
• Excellent team player, who is also comfortable making decisions alone
• Strong interpersonal skills with a diversity of people
• Experience or enthusiasm working with theatre or events
• Familiar with the google platform, other standard software, and team collaboration programs
• Drivers license is an asset
• Sense of humour
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Mimi Abrahams at: production(at)indiansummerfest(dot)ca with the position in the title.
This position is also available through the UBC Arts Internship Program, ID# 847479.
8-12 hours per week.
Contact Name: Mimi Abrahams
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 283-9172