Vancouver Chamber Choir
Sep. 13, 2019
The Vancouver Chamber Choir is beginning an exciting new chapter this season with Artistic Director, Kari Turunen. The Choir is a professional vocal ensemble that has performed in Canada and internationally since 1971 with Founder and Conductor Emeritus, Jon Washburn. The Choir presents a full concert season, tours, performs in broadcasts and recordings, and offers five highly acclaimed educational programs. Concerts can include music from chant to folksong, traditional to avant garde, a cappella to orchestra or jazz trio.
Concerts are performed at Pacific Spirit United Church in Kerrisdale (formerly Ryerson United Church), Koerner Recital Hall at VAM, the Orpheum, and the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
If you wish to be part of the choral world and learn more about composers and music, we would love to work together!
Our volunteers enjoy:
• complimentary tickets to performances
• special perks throughout the season, such as reception invitations and Christmas treats
• an opportunity to hear world class music
• satisfaction in contributing to the community, specifically the arts and choral worlds
• meeting people with similar interests
• learning new skills or developing new areas of interest
• the opportunity to learn more about composers and music
• being one of the first people to hear new musical works
Concert assistant positions are available to greet audience members, take tickets, give programs, sell merchandise, and sell tickets.
Volunteers are expected to:
• dress neatly and communicate clearly and openly
• be friendly, welcoming, reliable, and punctual team players at all times
• be able to attend evening concerts on time, usually at 5:45pm. This year’s concerts are at Pacific Spirit United Church in Kerrisdale (formerly known as Ryerson United Church), Koerner Recital Hall at VAM, the Orpheum, and the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts.
• have an interest in arts and culture
• possibly have special event experience - this is an asset, but not required
How to Apply:
We want to hear from you soon as we launch our season on Sept 27! Please email us now and explain:
• why you are interested in volunteering with the Vancouver Chamber Choir
• which other volunteer activities you have done
• which front of house activities appeal to you most
Contact Name: Karen Seaboyer
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 738-6822