Presentation House Theatre
Presentation House Theatre (PHT) is located in the heart of North Vancouver, on the stunning north shore of the Vancouver BC area. Under the artistic leadership of Kim Selody, the company produces and presents professional theatre for children, youth and adults, using live performance experiences to create and build community locally, and on tour nationally and internationally. Our home is a 150 seat, flexible space theatre; the Anne MacDonald Studio, a heritage church repurposed as a dance/theatre/music studio; and additional studio spaces we offer for residencies and rehearsal space to local artists. A typical season at PHT includes mainstage productions, presentations, touring, a small series of professional music and dance, and the hosting of several local arts groups. We average 60+ events throughout the year. In addition, we proudly act as an incubator space for the development of new works.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
Are you friendly, reliable, outgoing, and keen about theatre and the arts? Join our team of volunteers! Work on the front line as an usher or ticket taker for our shows, or somewhere in-between helping with special projects of all kinds.
1) Arrive one hour before show time as the box office opens one hour prior and guests often arrive sporadically throughout this time and may need assistance.
2) Check in with Front of House when you arrive to confirm show details including run time, intermission length, expected guest numbers, and any foreseen special notes.
3) Check to make sure the programs stored upstairs on the counter next to the House door will be sufficient for the performance.
4) Await instructions from Front of House and the Head Technician on when the doors can be opened and guests can enter the theatre.
5) Check each guest’s ticket to confirm the correct show date and time, where their seats are located, rip off the stub, and give the guest their ticket portion and a performance program.
6) If guests need to come in or out during the performance, please guide them during appropriate moments of applause or silence to the nearest seat.
7) Once the show has finished, do a sweep of the theatre and get rid of any garbage.
Must be friendly, reliable, outgoing, and keen about theatre and the arts
How to Apply:
Please fill out the form within this link: http://www.phtheatre.org/support-pht-2/volunteer/
Contact Name: Abigail Bueno
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org