ArtStarts in Schools
Sep. 20, 2019
ArtStarts in Schools is a charitable organization that expands the role of art in education to activate learning and nurture creativity in British Columbia's young people. ArtStarts' key areas of activity include booking school performances, an annual showcase conference for young audience presenters, artist residencies, grants to schools and districts, professional learning opportunities for artists and teachers, gallery exhibitions of young people’s art and free family programming.
Volunteer Opportunity Description:
ArtStarts is seeking long-term, friendly, and welcoming individuals to join the New Westminster RiverMarket volunteer team! "ArtStarts at RiverMarket" is a free arts-based event for kids and families where ArtStarts best artists work directly with youth in multi-disciplinary, culturally diverse performances and workshops.This event is held on the last Sunday of every month at 11pm and 1pm.
We hope to help you:
• Become part of ArtStarts team!
• Develop skills working with youth and the community
• Gain event and programming experience
• Meet new people in the community
• Have professional development opportunities
• Gain exposure to visual artists, musicians, and interdisciplinary artists
ArtStarts at RiverMarket Volunteers work directly with the Special Events Coordinator and Office Coordinator to support "ArtStarts at RiverMarket". Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Assisting the Special Events Coordinator as needed
• Support event set up and take down
• Acting the point of contact for the public and guests; answering general questions
• Documenting the event through photos, video, and writing
• Tracking attendee numbers
• Assisting artists as needed
• Supporting fellow volunteers
We are looking for individuals that are:
• Friendly, professional, and proactive
• Interested in getting involved in BC's arts and cultural community
• Willingness to learn and grow
• Interested in gaining event coordination experience
• Comfortable working with youth and the public
• Social media skills is an asset
• Customer service experience is an asset
• Experience working with kids is an asset
RiverMarket Volunteers will be required to volunteer on the last Sunday of each month from 10:00am - 3:00pm.
A criminal record check is required for all volunteers due to the nature of working with youth. Criminal record checks are free for volunteers though ArtStarts in Schools.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your most recent CV and a brief message of interest to Darcie Dyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Name: Darcie Dyer
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 336-0626