Everyone deserves affordable legal protection. With LegalShield on your side, you have the power to access legal advice and basic legal services when you need them, including will preparation, contract review, small claims court advice and much more. Your BC Alliance membership lets you access LegalShield's suite of services at a discounted rate of $18.50 per month.
What can you expect from your LegalShield membership?
Consult with Vancouver law firm Watson Goepel toll free by phone on any personal legal matter. Just call Watson Goepel's toll-free number during regular business hours when you have a legal problem or question.
With your membership you no longer have to worry about the cost or hassle of preparing and updating your Will. Watson Goepel will prepare a standard Will for you and will provide yearly reviews and updates at no additional charge.
24/7 Emergency Assistance
After-hours legal consultation for covered legal emergencies such as: if you're arrested or detained, if you're seriously injured, if you're served with a warrant, or if the state tries to take your child(ren).
Letters and Phone Calls on Your Behalf
- Watson Goepel will write one letter or make one call on your behalf per subject matter (for up to three different subject matters per quarter).
- Available at the firm's discretion. Additional phone calls and letters for the same subject will be provided at a 25% discount off the firm's standard hourly rate.
Powers of Attorney Preparation
In connection with the Will preparation benefit, Watson Goepel will prepare the appropriate power of attorney documentation for you at no additional charge so that your care and financial needs may be looked after while you are alive.
Contract & Document Review
You can have personal legal documents of up to ten pages each reviewed by Watson Goepel (limit five per membership year). Any such documents must name you as a contracting party.
Need help enforcing written or implied warranties on goods you've leased or purchased? Watson Goepel will make a phone call or write a letter on your behalf to help enforce your rights.
Review of Lease Agreements
A properly worded and executed lease is your best protection in landlord/tenant disputes. Let the firm review the lease on your primary residence before you sign.
Help Contacting Government Agencies
Confused about which government agency to talk to about a particular issue? Call Watson Goepel for assistance.
Debt Collection Assistance
Having problems collecting debts owed to you? Watson Goepel will make a phone call or write a letter on your behalf to help you recover any outstanding debt.
Tenant Legal Advice
If you are a tenant, you will receive legal advice for the following issues:
- Lease of property for personal use
- Problems arising with your landlord's failure to provide proper and necessary services to you
Small Claims Court Advice
If you need to file a claim or are sued in small claims court, the firm will discuss your case with you by phone and will provide advice in preparing your case.
Consumer Protection Assistance
Watson Goepel will explain your rights and write a letter or make a phone call on your behalf to a third party when you need to enforce your rights relating to the lease or purchase of goods or services.
Social Assistance Legal Advice
As a member, Watson Goepel will advise you on matters involving social assistance.
Estate Settlement Advice
Help ease the worry so often involved with the settlement of an estate by having Watson Goepel available to answer questions.
You will receive a 25% discount off Watson Goepel's standard hourly rate should you need legal services not otherwise covered by this plan.
Your Group Legal Services Plan Covers:
- The member
- The member's spouse
- Never-married dependent children under 21 living at home
- Dependent children under age 18 for whom the member is legal guardian
- Full-time college students up to age 23; never married, dependent children
- Physically or mentally challenged children living at home
Additional Information & Exclusions
- Will & Powers of Attorney Preparation: Other covered family members may have their Wills and Powers of Attorney prepared and executed at the offices of Watson Goepel for $30 per person. If the Wills and Powers of Attorney are executed at the offices of another law firm, arranged by Watson Goepel, the rate for the Named Member is $50. If executed by other family members at the same time as the Named Member's Will and Powers of Attorney, the rate is $50 per person; if done at a different time, the rate is $75 per person. Yearly reviews and updates follow the same fee schedule as initial Wills and Powers of Attorney. Trust preparation is available at a 25% discount off Watson Goepel's standard hourly rate.
- 25% discount: Please note that a retainer may be required for services to be rendered under this benefit. At least five business days are required for preparation for in court representation. Telephone advice is available immediately.
- Access to a Lawyer for Arrest or Detainment: Does not cover cases involving allegations of alcohol use, stalking, or domestic violence.
Note: Membership fees as well as legal fees are subject to applicable Canadian taxes.
This is a general overview of your legal plan coverage for illustration purposes only. See a plan contract for complete terms, coverage, amounts, conditions and exclusions.
Please note, class actions, interventions or amicus curiae filings in which you are a part or potential part are not covered by the LegalShield membership.