The following information is excerpted from a release circulated by Heritage BC.
On December 1 at 12:00 noon, Heritage BC will present a new webinar, developed specifically for the heritage sector, entitled "Perceptions, Principles and Practices of Heritage Real Estate." The webinar is $25 for Heritage BC members and $50 for non-members, and explores the perceptions, principles and practices of real estate as related to heritage properties -- a tricky area with a lot of misconceptions and many challenges.
The purpose of the webinar is to provide a background on valuations, insurance, appraisals and building codes. With some knowledge, we are better able to support conservation by understanding the realities of heritage ownership.
The webinar explores the answers to these questions:
- Is a heritage property devalued when it is considered heritage?
- What do I need to know about insurance?
- What is involved in an appraisal of a heritage property?
- Do I really have to meet modern-day code?
- What are some of the incentives in owning a heritage property?
Participants can register online here.