Have you wanted to serve on an arts board but are not sure what to expect?
Business for the Arts is hosting the webinar Board Basics for New Board Members for the Arts, providing an overview of the basics of board governance and roles and responsibilities when serving on an arts board.
Learning outcomes will include:
- Differentiate between governance, management and operations
- Define responsibilities of board members
- Define fiduciary responsibility
- Evaluate which arts organizations and role are right for you
- Plan how to identify and approach arts organizations
Linda Gerty, Engagement Director at Vantage Point and co-author of The Abundant Not-for-Profit, and
Joseph Bardsley, Development Manager, Grants & Proposals for Vancouver Opera
Date and Time:
Thursday, August 28 at 10 a.m.
Early Bird Rate (before August 15): $25
Regular Rate: $30
Limited spots are available, so register early.
For more information, and to register: boardbasicsforthearts.eventbrite.ca