Are you an artist or arts and culture organization looking for space? Looking to share space? Needing help understanding leasing negotiations? Get help and information at the 2015 Building Opportunities conference.
The Social Purpose Real Estate (SPRE) Collaborative is pleased to announce 45 bursaries of $300 each to support local mission-based/non-profit organizations to attend the Building Opportunities Conference in Vancouver, BC, June 1-3, 2015. A minimum of 15 bursaries will be available specifically for artists and arts and culture organizations.
Co-presented by the Social Purpose Real Estate Collaborative and the Nonprofit Centers Network, Building Opportunities 2015 will be packed with two pre-conference Boot Camps, site visits, a networking party, inspiring plenaries, interactive sessions and technical workshops. From community hubs and mission-minded co-working spaces to art centres and cultural spaces, health clinics, social housing and family service centres, you will have the opportunity to learn about creative community real estate solutions, as well as practical tools for all stages of project development and operations.
Bursary Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
Application Deadline: Friday, April 10, 2015
SPRE bursaries are provided with funding from Vancity Credit Union and City of Vancouver Cultural Services, Social Policy & Projects and Housing Delivery & Operations.
The following bursaries are available:
- Up to 15 bursaries for individual artists and arts & culture not-for-profit organizations located/operating within the City of Vancouver
- Up to 15 bursaries for not-for-profit social service, housing or neighbourhood organizations located/operating within the City of Vancouver
- Up to 15 bursaries for mission-based organizations operating in Vancouver and Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, and the Capital Region District, who are Vancity members and/or are engaged with Vancity Credit Union or Vancity Community Foundation on a social purpose real estate initiative
Bursary recipients will be selected by a committee of representatives from Vancity Credit Union and the City of Vancouver, based on the above eligibility guidelines and the following assessment criteria:
- Does the applicant have a specific real estate challenge, opportunity or initiative?
- What are the relevant and potential benefits of the conference topics and learnings for the real estate needs of the organization or individual?
- Does the applicant hold a position that is likely to have significant role in the organization’s real estate initiative or challenge?
- What is the applicant’s ability to share learnings within their organization or with their networks and the community?
Download the SPRE Building Opportunities 2015 Bursary Application.
Applications should be submitted by email to: email@example.com
All applicants will be notified via email whether or not they have been selected for a bursary by April 17, 2015. Please note that the early bird conference registration deadline is April 23, 2015. For more information, visit www.buildingopportunities2015.org
If you have questions or would like to discuss your application and eligibility, please contact: