Interesting Vancouver, the annual community gathering showcasing the region’s most fascinating people and the way they express their creativity, is inviting submissions for the first IV Prize.
The purpose of Interesting Vancouver is to expand the collective vision of what is uniquely possible in Vancouver and done by Vancouverites. In 2015 they are building on their heritage of sharing, teaching and enabling interestingness by annually identifying an individual or group who have, or plan to do, something interesting.
Created by Eclipse Awards, the one-of-a-kind IV Prize is salvaged from a local wind-fallen tree, milled locally, specially cured to retain its bark edge, and then customized. Along with this unique memento, a cash prize of $1,000 will be awarded to a citizen of Greater Vancouver with a passion, hobby or action worth celebrating.
The selection committee will choose the prize recipient based on the following principles:
- Impact – how many people have been affected, and to what degree?
- Distinctiveness – how uniquely interesting is this person or skill?
- Community – how has this person or skill contributed to building community?
On November 6, 2015 the first IV Prize recipient will be announced and invited to share their interesting story.
Call for Entries Deadline – September 15
Recipient Contacted – October 15
Public Announcement – November 6
Candidates can self-nominate or be nominated on their behalf by someone else. The submission form should respond the following questions:
- What do you (or this person) do, have done or want to do?
- What impact has it or will it make?
- How will this be shared with the community?
Selection Committee Members
- Toby Barazzuol – Dream Leader, Eclipse Awards
- Mark Busse – Producer, Interesting Vancouver
- Ben Garfinkel – Principal and Strategy Director, Industrial Brand
- Lizzy Karp – Partner, Here There and Producer, Rain City Chronicles
- Brett Macfarlane – Founder, Interesting Vancouver
- Leanne Prain – Marketing & Promotions, SFU Woodward’s Cultural Programs
- Andrea Reimer – Deputy Mayor, City of Vancouver
More Details & Nomination Form
For full details and to submit a nomination for the IV Prize, visit the Interesting Vancouver website here.