BC Culture Days has announced the winners of its 2016 Ambassador and Awards Program. Each ambassador will be awarded $1,000 towards the production of their own Culture Days activity and will act as a spokesperson for BC Culture Days leading up to the Culture Days weekend September 30, October 1 & 2.
Besides activating their local arts, culture and heritage communities, ambassadors will be engaging the public in discussions around arts and culture and encouraging them to participate behind the scenes with BC artists, curators, heritage experts, creators and other creative people over the Culture Days weekend.
The 2016 BC Culture Days Ambassadors and their planned Culture Days events are:
- Pooneh Alizadeh (North Vancouver) Middle Eastern Dance Workshop
- Lori Knorr (Smithers) Needle Felting Workshop at Studio 8
- Deanna Peters (Vancouver) Body Talk
- Keyanna Burgher (Vernon) "Stories of the Past" Workshop, "Stories of the Past" Art Exhibit Opening Reception
- Kirsten Van Ritzen (Victoria) Radioland '48 New Play Reading
Culture Days raises the awareness, accessibility, participation and engagement of Canadians in the arts and cultural life of their communities. It is a collaborative movement dedicated to providing free, hands-on and interactive arts and culture activities to cities and towns across Canada.
The Ambassador and Awards program is made possible by the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.
For more information on the 2016 BC Culture Days Ambassadors or to find out how you can take part in BC Culture Days, visit: BC.CultureDays.ca.