The following is excerpted from a communication issued by the City of Vancouver.
The City of Vancouver is providing a one-time only project grant of up to $20,000 to support priorities expressed by the community through the Creative City Strategy early engagement process.
This grant is the result of an increase to the 2018 cultural grants budget in response to the growth in Vancouver's arts and cultural community.
Creative City Strategic Grants can support existing or new projects that:
- address Creative City Strategy themes of Reconciliation, Equity and Access, Investment and Visibility, Capacity or Collaboration;
- support and provide opportunities for artists, arts administrators, or arts and cultural organizations that have experienced barriers to accessing the City’s cultural programs and support;
- provide practices, knowledge or resources that benefit the broader arts and culture sector; and
- strengthen relations and networks across artistic, cultural and creative communities.
- Registered nonprofit societies, community service co-ops, and charities as well as local First Nations Band Councils are eligible to apply.
- You can apply for a new or existing project, including those that can potentially receive support from the City.
- This grant can cover up to 100% of project costs.
- Projects need to be complete by the end of 2019.
Be sure to read through the Creative City Strategic Grant Information Guide (PDF) for the full details, including eligibility and key dates. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, September 5, at 4:00 p.m.