We've announced more Arts Summit 2013 news this week, including updates to the roster of Community Snapshots presenters, plus a panel discussion ("The Power of Collaboration"):
"What We Have Learned" Presenters include:
- Ian Forsyth - President, board of directors of the Creative City Network of Canada;
- Charles Gauthier - Executive director, Downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association;
- Sheryl McGraw - Executive director, ArtsBC;
- Rowland Lorimer - Director, Publishing Programs and the Canadian Centre for Studies in Publishing (CCSP) at Simon Fraser University;
- Suzanne Norman - Director, SFU Publishing Workshops and Director of Special Initiatives in the CCSP;
- Regional Cultural Development Advisory Sub-Committee Members – Greg Magirescu, manager of Arts and Cultural Development, City of New Westminster, and Judy Robertson, external relations, Metro Vancouver;
- Sadira Rodrigues - Dean, Continuing Studies at Emily Carr University;
- Alison Turner - Assistant executive director, External Communications & Strategic Alignment, Edmonton Arts Council.
"Art for Social Change" Presenters include:
- Kevan Anthony Cameron - Scribe, spoken poet, performer, co-editor of The Great Black North, and creative director of Black Dot Roots and Culture Collective;
- Terry Hunter - Co-founder/executive director of Vancouver Moving Theatre (VMT) and co-founder and artistic producer of the Downtown Eastside Heart of the City Festival;
- Nicki Kahnamoui - Executive director, Arts Health Network Canada - BC;
- Vanessa LeBourdais - Executive producer and creative director, DreamRider Theatre;
- Judith Marcuse - Founder and co-director, ICASC; founder and artistic producer, Judith Marcuse Projects; adjunct professor, Simon Fraser University; senior fellow, Ashoka International;
- Diane Roberts - Artistic director, urbanink productions;
- Benedicte Schoepflin - Museum manager, Roedde House Museum.
Panel Discussion - The Power of Collaboration
After decades of discussion about the need for an economic development agency for the creative industries in BC, a collaboration between organizations representing film and television, music, and book and magazine publishing worked with government to make it a reality. Creative BC was announced in January 2013. Panelists will explore what led to their success.
Panelists: Bob D'Eith of Music BC, Margaret Reynolds of the Association of Book Publishers of British Columbia, and Liz Shorten of the Canadian Media Production Association - BC Producers' Branch.
See more programming details and the schedule at artssummit.ca, and register today!
Arts Summit 2013 takes place June 21-22 at the Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre.
Thank you to our partners: City of Vancouver, Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre, BEST WESTERN PLUS Chateau Granville, Dominion Blue Reprographics, MAXGuide, Tickets Tonight, SFU Woodward's, Actsafe and Vancouver Opera.
Presenters pictured (L-R) Richard Evans, Ian Forsyth, Charles Gauthier, Sheryl McGraw, Rowland Lorimer, Suzanne Norman, Richard Hornsby, Bob D'Eith, Margaret Reynolds, Liz Shorten, Terry Hunter.