Deadline: September 10, 2010
Cultural Services is pleased to announce a new pilot program which provides grants to community groups to support projects that celebrate and promote Vancouver's communities and neighbourhoods through arts and cultural activities ranging from amateur to professional practices.
Non-profit organizations, artists, community leaders, businesses and residents alike who are interested in celebrating the diversity of their communities, connecting with other people and organizations in their neighbourhoods, learning and exchanging ideas, pushing artistic limits and making a positive impact in neighbourhoods and communities, could be supported for specific planning initiatives, projects, and events to achieve these goals.
For more information:
1. Review the program guidelines at: http://vancouver.ca/commsvcs/cultural/gasp/grants/community.htm
2. Contact our office and speak with a Cultural Planner 604.871.6434.
3. Attend an information session to learn more about the program and meet some of the community organizers, artists and key participants behind some exciting projects of this very nature.
* Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 from 5 - 7 pm
Collingwood Neighbourhood House, 5288 Joyce Street
Information Session and Presentation of Collingwood Days
* Monday, June 28th, 2010 from 4 - 6 pm
Native Education Centre, 285 East 5th Avenue
General Information Session (this will also be an information session on
the New Cultural Infrastructure Grant program)
* Tuesday, June 29th, 2010 from 4 - 6 pm
Celebration Hall/Mountain View Cemetery, 5455 Fraser Street
Information Session and presentation of the South Hill Art Plan
RSVP for an information session by emailing email@example.com or by phoning 604.871.6000
Please note: This program replaces and expands the Celebration Grants program. If you are currently a recipient of a Celebrations grant, there will be another deadline for you to apply to in March of
2011. This September 10th deadline is an interim deadline to launch the program and the ongoing annual deadline will be March.