Registration for winter courses is now open. Courses can be taken individually for professional development, or combined to earn the UBC Certificate in Cultural Planning – a professional learning program delivered 100% online. Enrollment is limited. Early-bird registration discounts are available.
Courses starting Feb 18, 2013
- Foundations of Cultural Planning Colin Mercer, Bristol, UK
- Creating Culture Plans Sue Harvey, Vancouver, Canada
- Creative Placemaking Pru Robey, Artscape, Toronto, Canada
Courses starting Apr 2, 2013
- Festivals, Events and Eventful Communities (New) Robert Palmer, Strasbourg, France
- Cultural Tourism: Impacting Communities Worldwide (New) Cheryl Hargrove, Washington, DC, USA
All courses are nine weeks in length and include case studies, interactive discussions, and group-based learning activities that build on shared interests, place-based experiences, and actual community development projects.
For more information and to register please visit http://cstudies.ubc.ca/cultural-planning/courses.html.
The UBC Centre for Cultural Planning and Development is an international centre dedicated to the creation and strengthening of a global community of professionals advancing cultural development as a vital component of successful communities and sustainable growth.
By engaging the strengths of international leaders in the field of cultural planning and development, the Centre educates, trains and supports cultural planning and development through university-level courses and programs, research, and the exchange of successful practice, in a context of critical thinking with a global perspective.