As part of its Aspiring Emerging Artists Touring & Training Program, BC Touring Council is presenting a two-day workshop geared to artists, agents and managers interested in enhancing their knowledge about touring.
Sessions are led by an accomplished group of artists, agents and presenters on topics such as:
- Pre-tour planning and prep
- Touring to different markets
- Tour finances, funding and management
- Applying to showcase, attending Contact/Industry Events
- Negotiating with presenters; performance fees
- Marketing, engaging audiences and more
The On the Road Touring & Training workshop, November 12 and 13, 2016 at the Coast Bastion Hotel in Nanaimo, is free, but participants must become members of the BC Touring Council to attend. A limited number of travel subsidies are available for those who qualify.
Priority for attendance the workshop will be given to aspiring, emerging artists, agents and managers and those who have not attended a past BCTC workshop.
Registration deadline is Monday, November 7.