Recognize the top creative talent in the Central Okanagan by submitting a nomination by January 20 for the 10th Annual Okanagan Arts Awards.
The Okanagan Arts Awards, created and managed by the Arts Council of the Central Okanagan (ARTSCO), celebrate individuals and organizations for significant achievements in and contributions to the artistic community.
The Awards are presented in twelve categories. Awards For Artistic Excellence are presented in the following seven categories:
- Visual Arts
- Applied Art, and
- Time-Based Media
Additional Awards are presented in the following categories:
- The Emerging Artist Award acknowledges, encourages and fosters artists / practitioners who are early in their careers and have achieved a high level of professional quality in their work and demonstrate great potential for future works;
- The Innovation in the Arts Award acknowledges and encourages the exploration and refinement of new, and/or innovative practices in the arts;
- The Art & Business Award recognizes excellence in the combination of artistic and entrepreneurial practices;
- The Business Supporter Award acknowledges and celebrates a business that excels in their support and stewardship of the arts;
- The Community Impact Award acknowledges the work of community groups who have created an artistic endeavour, project or work of art that has impacted the Central Okanagan community as a whole.
Submit a Nomination
Complete the online nomination form here.
Nominees must be residents of the Central Okanagan region: Peachland, West Kelowna, Westbank First Nation, Kelowna or Lake Country, and Central Okanagan East and West unincorporated electoral districts.
Friday, January 20, 2017 at 9 p.m.
The 10th Annual Okanagan Arts Awards will be presented the evening of May 12, 2017 at the Mary Irwin Theatre at the Rotary Centre for the Arts in downtown Kelowna.