The following information is excerpted from a communication from the City of Vancouver.
Does your arts and culture organization need a well-equipped venue to produce a cultural event?
The Theatre Rental Grant program offers financial assistance to Vancouver-based, professional, non-profit arts and cultural organizations to rent the centrally-located Vancouver Civic Theatres.
Eligible organizations may apply for this grant to rent:
- The Orpheum
- The Annex
- Vancouver Playhouse
- Queen Elizabeth Theatre
THEATRE RENTAL GRANT INFORMATION
Detailed information about organization and event eligibility, and permitted use of grant funds are available in the 2017/ 2018 Theatre Rental Grant Guidelines published online at: http://vancouver.ca/people-programs/theatre-rental-grant-program.aspx.
In order to be eligible to apply for financial assistance, you must be:
- A Vancouver-based, professional, non-profit, arts or culture organization
- In operation and have not-for-profit status in B.C. for at least one year before the application deadline
- Mandated to present, produce, create, or develop arts and cultural work in Vancouver
- Actively promoting events to a city-wide audience
In the past, grants have paid for:
- Venue fees, including some of the services of City of Vancouver technicians during your theatre rental
- Front-of-house fees for the performance time
- Technical days and rehearsal uses, where resources permit
Theatre Rental Grants have some restrictions around their use. Not all types of events or event expenses can be funded. Be informed before applying by referring to the published guidelines.
HOW TO APPLY
Read the information guide: http://vancouver.ca/people-programs/theatre-rental-grant-program.aspx.
The information guide has details about:
- Program description and objectives
- Eligible applicants and activities
- Rental rates
There are two steps in this process and TWO DEADLINES:
1. Contact the Vancouver Civic Theatres TRG Administrator to check on venue availability and confirm your venue dates by March 3, 2017 at 4:00 pm.
2. Contact TRG Administrator to confirm your organization's eligibility. If your group and project are eligible, we will email you an invitation to apply online. The completed application form must be submitted by April 5, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Contact the staff that oversees Theatre Rentals. Questions must be received in advance of the deadlines.