The following information is excerpted from a communication issued by the BC Association for Charitable Gaming.
The British Columbia Association for Charitable Gaming (BCACG) has announced the programming for their Volunteer Futures 2017 conference. More workshops are being added, but the list below comprises the core of the conference programming. Volunteer Futures 2017 takes place October 4-5 in Richmond. The themes of the conference are building a diverse leadership network, engaging youth volunteers, and embracing new technology.
The current list of speakers and their sessions is below:
- What Promotes Program Sustainability and How Can You Achieve it? - Kylie Hutchinson, Community Solutions
- The Mobile Office - The New Reality! - Joyce Hsu, TechSoup
- Vancity Presents: Social Enterprise - Powerful Tool to Create Social Change - Sean Condon, Vancity Community Foundation
- BC Societies Act 2.0 - Debbie Turner, Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens' Services, Service BC
- Conversation with the Community Gaming Grants Branch - Joanna White & David Pyatt, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Engaging Youth at Risk - David Battey, Youth Volunteer Corps
- Panel: The Changing Face of Volunteer Recruitment - Hear from local experts
- Panel: Employer Supported Volunteering (ESV) - Meet companies who encourage their staff to support community causes.
Click for more detailed information.
Early bird registration ends September 23. Conference fees includes all meals (breakfast and lunch) and conference sessions.
- Early Bird (before Sept 23) - $200
- After Early Bird - $275
- Daily Rate - $150
- Group Rate (2 or more/must be from same organization/office/location) - $175 Thursday OR Friday
- Oct. 4: PMV Full Day Workshop (must buy a Symposium + PMV ticket) - $50
Register online here.