Celebrate Vancouver 125 in Stanley Park with Summer Live:
Full event schedule now available
The full schedule of events was has been released for Summer Live in Stanley Park -- a free, three-day festival hosted by the City of Vancouver on July 8, 9 and 10, 2011 to celebrate Vancouver's 125th
"Summer Live is a chance to celebrate the best of our city in Stanley Park, one of Vancouver's most treasured places," said Mayor Gregor Robertson. "I hope everyone comes out to this event which includes music, family entertainment, sports activities, community arts, leading-edge multimedia installations and hands-on activities for all ages."
Over 180 performances and activities are included in Summer Live, which features Mother Mother, Daniel Wesley, The New Pornographers, Neko Case, Dan Mangan, Dr. L. Subramaniam, the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra conducted by Bramwell Tovey and Spirit of the West.
Recent additions to the program include:
- Music performances by Beat Nation Live, Silk Road and Jou Tou, Veda Hille, Aidan Knight, Birds of Paradox, Zapato Negro and Saint-Pierre;
- Coast Salish canoe races in Coal Harbour, Sla-hal games, storyteller Henry Charles and dance groups Children of Takaya, Musqueam Warriors and Welh Tima Kexwusem;
- Kite-making, boat-building and juggling workshops in the KidZone and Asian synth pop/art duo Guimauves, youth dance groups FRESHH / ILLEST VIBE and the Dusty Flower Pot Cabaret on the family stage;
- eatART's Mondo Spider and Titanaboa giant robotic creatures, Tangible Interaction Company's sensory experiences and giant Jenga and Twister board games from Public Dreams;
- Family sports activities including drop-in mini-soccer, youth volleyball tournament, tennis, badminton and croquet, and BC Lions kicking and throwing clinics; and
- The Coiled River environmental art created from invasive plant species, Speak the Unseen participatory mural and an origami heron pathway by Joseph Wu and Naomi Singer.
Activities run daily from noon to 11 p.m. at Brockton Point in Stanley Park. A free shuttle bus from Waterfront Station runs from 11 a.m. to 11pm each day and a free, secure bicycle compound will be available for cyclists.
Visit CelebrateVancouver125.ca to view the complete Summer Live events schedule and transportation information.