The following information is excerpted from a request for proposals issued by the City of Vancouver.
The City of Vancouver is looking for a non-profit arts and culture organization (or partnership) to operate and lease a new 10,872 sq. ft. artist production studio facility for nominal rent. Located in downtown Vancouver at 1265 Howe Street, the purpose of the space is to provide affordable, shared artist production space for 20 or more Vancouver-based artists.
Eligible applicants are established non-profit arts and culture organizations based in Vancouver. The City's intention is to provide a long-term lease for the premises for nominal rent. The operator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and subleasing of the studios on a cost-recovery basis to individual artists.
The Howe Street Request for Proposals uses a two-part process:
- Interested organizations complete a brief online Intent to Submit Form by May 31.
- Eligible not-for-profits are invited to complete a full Online Proposal Form by July 5.
- Intent Form Deadline: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
- Questions Deadline: Wednesday, June 14, 2017
- Proposal Submission Deadline: Wednesday, July 5, 2017
- Targeted tenancy: Spring of 2018
Application and Contact
The complete application and eligibility guidelines are available online at the City of Vancouver website. For more information, please contact: