The following information is excerpted from the ArtStarts in Schools website.
Emerging artists across all disciplines living in Vancouver who have an interest in building their careers and working with young people in an arts-based capacity are invited to apply for the Creative Spark Vancouver grant by ArtStarts in Schools. Grants will be issued up to $2,000.
The artist's project must engage young people (ages 5-24) and focus on arts-based learning in any artistic discipline. Creative Spark Vancouver enables emerging artists to gain experience on small projects that could lead to new career opportunities, new community relationships, different perspectives on arts and education, future learning opportunities and exciting multi-faceted projects.
Emerging artists of any age in any artistic discipline who are residents of the City of Vancouver, or a resident and member of one of Vancouver’s three Host First Nations: Musqueam, Squamish or Tsleil-Waututh.
For the purpose of this grant, an emerging artist is defined as one who:
- is enrolled in, or has specialized training in the arts (university graduation or equivalent, self-training, or training in a culturally-specific tradition);
- is in the early stages of their career, usually within the few first years of pursuing a career in their field;
- has a small history of presentation or publication;
- is looking for support and resources to build confidence in their practice;
- is committed to devoting more time to artistic activity, when possible financially; and
- self identifies as emerging.
More information, including application form, can be found here. The deadline to apply is April 27.