Recognized nationally as one of Canada's most prestigious awards for women, the YWCA Women of Distinction Awards honour women whose achievements contribute to the well-being and future of our community. The Awards also honour the businesses and organizations that support the wellness and diverse needs of their employees.
YWCA Metro Vancouver is inviting the community to nominate exceptional women throughout Metro Vancouver for its 30th annual Awards, including nominees in the Arts, Culture & Design category, sponsored by TD Bank Group.
Nominees in this category should be women enrich the community through their talents and commitment to visual, literary, media, architectural and/or performing arts. They excel as a creator or performer, facilitating or promoting the artistic efforts of others and broadening community engagement in the arts.
The Award categories recognize Women of Distinction in a variety of sectors. To be nominated in a category, the nominee must demonstrate:
- Breaking new ground or old barriers
- Showing vision, creativity and initiative
- Being a leader and role model
- Guiding, supporting and encouraging the development of others
- Participating actively as a volunteer
- Being recognized by her community for her sustained commitment and achievments within her category (i.e. awards, accolades, etc.)
Deadline for submissions is Friday, March 8, 2013 at 12:00 p.m.
Qualified nominees and recipients will be honoured at the May 28 Awards Dinner at the Westin Bayshore.
View the new nomination tutorial video here.
Eligible nominees must:
- Live and work (individuals) or operate (businesses and organizations) within the Metro Vancouver region bounded by and including Hope, Pemberton, Sunshine Coast and the United States border
- Satisfy each of the Nomination Criteria for their award category
- Consent to the nomination and the publication of her/their name, photo and information.
- Attend the photo shoot on either Wednesday, April 10 or Thursday, April 11, 2013
- Be available to attend the Awards reception and dinner on Tuesday, May 28, 2013
- For the Young Woman of Distinction category, be 18-25 years of age as of Friday, March 8, 2013
- Satisfy the YWCA Metro Vancouver Women of Distinction Values Statement (above)
- Submit a quote and participate in the Connecting the Community Award (individuals only)
YWCA Metro Vancouver is a registered charity, providing a range of integrated services for women and their families and those seeking to improve the quality of their lives. From early learning and care to housing, health and fitness, employment services and leadership, YWCA Metro Vancouver touches lives in our communities.