In becoming a member of the Alliance, as an individual or organization, you join a diverse community that connects across disciplines to build a stronger arts, culture, and heritage sector in British Columbia.
We're pleased to welcome our newest Alliance members:
Arnica Artist-Run Centre
Artists in Our Midst
BC Entertainment Hall of Fame Society
Centre A, Vancouver International Centre for Contemporary Asian Art
Coquitlam Heritage Society
Denman Seniors And Museum Society
Diwali Celebration Society
Famous Artists Limited
Feeliix Media Inc.
Flying Arrow Productions
Latincouver Cultural & Business Society
Laura Calderon de la Barca
Mark Alex Russell
Pacific Northwest Partnerships
ReVision the Art of Recycling Society
The Royal Canadian Theatre Company
Theatre in the Raw
Vancouver Asian Heritage Month (VAHMS)
Vancouver International Song Institute
Vancouver LARP Alliance
Vancouver Lipont Art Centre
Western Edge Theatre
Thank you to these new members for joining the Alliance. See our full member directory here.
What we have in common is a belief and a vision. We imagine a society that places the highest value on arts, culture, and heritage and their contributions to all facets of life. We imagine a society that demonstrates a rich arts and culture infrastructure with broad support, and which nurtures creativity and diversity.
In joining the Alliance, we all become advocates for the arts. We invite you to join us in realizing the society we imagine.
Three membership categories are available to serve your needs: Individual, Student, and Organizational/Business Membership.
Individual Membership is available to artists and freelancers who wish to access Alliance services for their own personal use, or, if you have a sole proprietorship, for your own business or own individual interests.
Student Membership is available only to full-time students with school ID, also for access to services for personal use and not for business purposes.
If you wish to access services on behalf of a group or an organization, choose an Organizational/Business Membership.
Your membership supports the work of the Alliance and provides the following benefits:
- Access to a group extended health benefits package
- Access to a group insurance program
- Access to subscription-based group human resources services
- Access to a group RRSP program
- Share your news and announcements via the Member News pages
- Free advertising opportunities (banner and sidebar ads) on the Member News pages
- Discounted rates on Media eNet broadcasts, enabling your press releases to reach our extensive media contact list
- Discounted rates on Alliance boardroom rentals
- Unlimited free postings on our Classifieds Pages (job board, calls for artists, volunteer postings, general classifieds)
- Discounts on products and services (ie. office and administrative services, travel and transportation, catering, arts supplies and services, and more) through the Members' Advantage Program
- Member-only access to Grant Connect, an online funding database and research tool (on-site access at the Alliance office only)
- Member rates on professional development opportunities, such as workshops, webinars and online tools
- Member discounts on conferences and special events
- Subscription to the Alliance News weekly e-newsletter and special member bulletins
- Free affiliate membership to Canada's Cultural Human Resources Council (CHRC), including access to HR tools and publications for the cultural sector
- Free affiliate membership to the Society to Bridge Arts and Community
- A link in our member directory
- A vote at the BC Alliance for Arts + Culture Annual General Meeting.